The New York Post is calling our young adults "The Anxious Generation." Time magazine wrote an article October 2016 called, "Why the Kids Are Not Alri...
The Anxiety Epidemic-What's a parent to do?
September 30, 2017
Cough, sneeze, ugh! Read this for tips on how you and your family can stay healthy this year!
September 16, 2017
It's that time of year again. Literally, within one week of school starting our office is inundated with sick kids. Over the years I have been sneezed on, coughed on, and unfortunately vomited on. It's true. My job is a perilous one as far as excretions and body fluids go. Somehow I stay pretty healthy all year. Yes of course I get sick once in a while but it usually doesn't last long and doesn't slow me down too much. So what's my trick to staying healthy you ask? Here it is in a nutshell:
1. Exercise every day
2. Spend time outside every day-fresh air and sunshine.
3. Combine #1 and #2
4. Wash your hands a lot. I mean a lot. Never touch your face-eyes, nose, or mouth without washing your hands first. Whenever you come home from the store or a public place wash your hands.
5. Eat really healthy-you knew that was coming.
6. Sleep-try to catch at least 7 hours a nite. More if you're younger-meaning babies and children.
7. Take your vitamins. I take a probiotic, multivitamin, vitamin D3, and omega 3 with dha and epa every day to maintain good health. Check with your doctor or your child's doctor as to doses.
8.Manage stress-by exercising, sleeping good, yoga, meditation (which I'm a complete failure at since I'm so high energy), and laughing a lot! Laughter is great medicine.
9. Get your flu shot. Check out the picture of Andrew and I getting our flu shots. He was scared so I went first lol!
10. Stay healthy and positive and just do your best!